Tuesday 15 December 2020

What next

 I want to make some felt tree decorations, I have felt, embroidery thread and a box of beads from broken jewellery.


Unfortunately I cannot see to thread the needles, a couple of months ago I could still see to do this. But now even with my daylight bulb and magnifier I couldn't manage it.


The decorations are now on hold until the needle threaded I have ordered arrives. 


So it's back to crochet shawls, I've photographed all my yarn, I just need to choose the colour scheme.


There is a distinct lack of some colours so I treated myself to some more yarn!





I may use the oddments  below, along with a ball of Parchment which is a very pale beigey grey.



7 comments:

JanF said...

You have such beautiful colors there! So much yarn too. I am amazed that you have room to store it. Hats off, once again, to your organizational skills!

Carruthers said...

I know what you mean about eyesight and needle-threading. I've a magnifier on a headband with a lamp I've used for soldering electronics. I tend to get that out if I have to do a job like that!

mamasmercantile said...

Such a wonderful array of beautiful colours.

Heather said...

My Grandaughter made some cute pom pom sprouts on a string. Lovely choice of colours of wool.

Ellen D. said...

Yes, those needle holes can be so tiny! But then if you try a larger needle it doesn't fit through the hole of the beads! Argghh! Hope your needle threader helps - I have never had one of those. Good luck!
You have a nice rainbow of colors there for your yarn.

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

Some lovely yarn there Hester. I particularly love the green.

walking in beauty carmarthenshire said...

Hi Hester, for bead treading ,you can use a piece of fuse wire ,or other thin wire. You can fold the wire in half with the thread between it, to act as a needle.
I have a selection of 'poundland' glasses to help me.

Hearing aids.

Steve's current rant du jour is hearing aids. His are national health and free. He only wears them when he goes out, never indoors, he c...