Wednesday 15 August 2018

Thatcham

It's supposed to rain tomorrow so after a visit from DD and the grandchildren we moved on.

First of all we had to wind, and we did it the oldfashioned way.

CHS started the engine so he could use it if the boat went off course.

I stood on the bank hanging on to a rope attached to the stern, CHS pushed the prow out and the wind blew steadily. 

Within a very short time the boat was pointing the other way and off we went.

We've stopped at Thatcham, there are visitor moorings with rings and a nice pub, The Swan, nearby.

If the
forecast rain arrives tomorrow, we will sit tight.

1 comment:

Sue said...

The Swan at Thatcham is a lovely pub. We've eaten there many times and my lovely hubby has stayed in the adjoining 'motel style' rooms a few times when he's been in Thatcham on business. :-)

Not a good day!

I had to admit to Steve that I'm struggling with my eyesight and my hearing. He is extremely annoyed though I'm not sure what he exp...