Monday 22 April 2019

Being neighbourly

We are out of the marina and back on the cut. We had planned to travel to Ufton Nervet yesterday but unfortunately the Aldermaston lift bridge was out of order.
We went through the lock, operated the lock five more times to let other boats through then we winded our boat and went back through the lock and headed back the way we had come.

We found a gap between two other boats and moored up as by now CHS was wiped out. Post stroke fatigue is a bugger.

I walked down to a nearby boat and introduced myself to the owner, Jenny, she posts regularly on FB nd her posts are always interesting. She made me a cup of tea and we had a natter.

This morning I had arranged to take another boater shopping as she has no car. Before setting off I checked if any of my neighbours needed anything. Jenny asked if I could get her butter and milk, Rick needed nothing and Peter needed tobacco and weed, neither of which is available at Aldi.

5 comments:

justjill said...

Worth a try!

Sue said...

You are such a good person! I had a stroke just over 3 years ago now. The post stroke fatigue has gotten better and better, and I'm almost back to normal I think. Some days by about 4 pm it feels as though I'm walking through knee high mud and can barely move, but those days are few and far between now. I hope that he will continue to improve!

Margie from Toronto said...

You are a generous and thoughtful soul - I hope you enjoy the new neighbours.

Hard up Hester said...

Most boaters will offer to shop for others if they are going out, it's just what they do so I was happy to help.

Chris at Days in My Life said...

Hopefully they will return the favour.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...