Sunday 26 March 2023

Changing the clocks

We only had one that needed changing, the others are automatic.

Steve doesn't cope well when the clocks change, he spends the entire day trying to work out what the time is. He finds it very stressful.

This goes on for a week or two, eventually he accepts the change and calms down.

He went to bed just after 7 o'clock, he was worn out.

I changed the sheets today, Steve complained.

He thinks the sheets wouldn't need changing it I slept elsewhere.

It's just something else to complain about.

He's also complaining that I'm not cooking, he's forgotten that he said everything I cooked was crap. I did tell him that I'm not prepared to waste time cooking if he's going to complain about the food. I'm also not cooking the rubbish he buys.


5 comments:

Fat Dormouse said...

Good Lord, I really don't know how you have the patience! I know he's ill, that this is a symptom of his illness but you are wonderful to put up with this. I don't think I would be able to.

Bless you.

Witch Hazel said...

I can't pretend to know what it's like having someone constantly criticise/complain. I know I wouldn't cope very well with it.

It's not really Steve's fault, but knowing that doesn't make it any better to live with. It sounds like he has the emotional range and empathy of a 14 year old (only able to consider things from the point of view of how they affect him).

I hope things improve over Spring, when he can get out in the garden a bit more.

I know you meant your marriage vows... but.... these incremental changes, it's hard sometimes to take a step back and see how much things have changed. Have you considered what your "line" is? That is, at what point is it time to say enough.

I do thank you for sharing what is happening. I had no idea that a personality change after a stroke was so common (and so ignored).

I've learned so much from following your blog: I didn't know that hearing aids like you bought were available. I recommended them to my Mum (who always denied having a hearing problem), and she eventually went and got some. It's made a huge difference.

Ellen D. said...

You do have a lot of patience! Just do the things that bring you some joy and tune out the complaints if you can.

flis said...

I am having the very same here - It seems weirdly that this one may be living in your home if I didn't know differently - It is exhausting x

Sue said...

You have the patience of a saint. I'm sure it's a saint that swears a lot at times, but a saint nevertheless. xx

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...