Thursday 29 June 2023

Exercise

I walk Beano 3 or 4 times a day, it's been very hot for the  last few days so  he hasn't wanted to go far apart from his early morning walk when it is cool.

Today was a cooler day, it had rained overnight so for Beano's 10 o'clock walk I decided to walk to the local pet shop. I wasn't sure Beano would manage and I was prepared to I only walk as far as he wanted.

Once he realised where we were headed he enjoyed the walk. I purchased a small box of expensive fancy dog biscuits for him along with a bag of milk bones which I know he likes.

He won't touch the fancy biscuits I bought but he does like the tiny milk bones. I shall pass the expensive fancy biscuits on to a neighbour who has two posh dogs.

After lunch Beano decided he'd like another walk so this time we headed to the nearby park.

I think rain is forecast tomorrow which means that Beano will have repeated quick trips to under the nearest tree for a quick widdle and then back indoors. 

I'm a firm believer in "There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!" Unfortunately Beano does not agree and refuses to walk in the rain.


3 comments:

Chris said...

I thoroughly agree about the weather and proper clothing. Hope Beano gets his walks tomorrow as I am sure you benefit from them, too!

Anonymous said...

Sandy, my 14 year old parson jack russell doesn't like the rain, puddles, the sea, baths or getting wet in general. When raining she will pop out to do what is needed and come back in. When the weather is dry she loves her walks and getting out n about. deb in essex

M McCarthy said...

I love the saying ¨there is no such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothes!¨. In Canada we don’t use that expression, or at least I haven’t heard it used. ��M

Weather

I've always been of the opinion that there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. I have to say I'm currently revi...