Sunday 15 September 2019

Free apples

A passing boater gave me some cooking apples this morning so I decided to make a cake. An apple and blackberry tray bake.




First though I had to walk back to the marina to collect the car.

We left the marina Saturday morning, went through one swing bridge and one lock and we've moored up on the visitor moorings at Woolhampton.

Unfortunately the tow path is still closed so Beano and I had to walk along the road, there is pavement most of the way but the big lorries thunder past very fast.

On the way to the marina I picked a few blackberries, they're very small and mostly shrivelled but I picked a few to add to the cake.

Once I'd collected the car and returned to the boat I made the cake and cooked a chicken and some sausages. 

My freezer seems to be full of sausages that Steve liked for a few weeks and now doesn't. I've cooked them and cut them up and will give them to Beano. All the sausages are good quality, mainly meat so they will do Beano no harm.

I spent the rest of the day sat in the sun on the back of the boat with my crochet. I've made the first set of reusable face wipes, this is how many I made from one ball of Drops cotton.



4 comments:

justjill said...

Ah therapy.

Chris said...

Wish I could crochet - they look lovely! Will you be able to get Beano back to regular dog food after all the sausage treats?

Hard up Hester said...

Chris, the sausages are used as treats at dog training class, though I'm sure Beano would eat them anytime!

Sue said...

Lucky Beano :-)

I've seen a lot of barges on the Lancaster canal with crocheted rounds being used as little 'curtains' on the round windows of their boats, it can look really good if they're neatly done ... I'm not sure about the pink though :-)

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...