Friday 9 October 2020

Still listing,

 But we are currently listing the other way, we could adjust our ropes but it's raining again so we will probably be back on an even keel soon.

Four hire boats passed us today, two of them hit us, Steve went out to help them regain control before they got jammed across from bank to bank. I didn't go to help, I will lock people through but all the boats had at least six people on board so I thought they could manage.

We've booked a week away, a treat for my birthday, we may take Steve's friend with us, he's had an accident but hopefully he'll be out of hospital in time. He may bring his girlfriend which could be hard work. He likes his women skinny, stupid and adoring!

TV problems are ongoing, I can watch BBC 2 or Channel 4, I have to get up to change channels as the remote control doesn't work and the subtitles are sporadic!

Fortunately I have a blanket to finish, a capelet only just started and a book by Jim Butcher to read.


9 comments:

justjill said...

You really are wonderful. I have had a down day. But reading this makes me think I am a total wimp.x

Chris said...

Very impressed with how you handle all the goings-on!

crafty cat corner said...

I've come to the conclusion that every day will bring problems, it certainly seems that way for us. Every night I go to bed and think that tomorrow will be lovely but it rarely is, lol
As for the tv, I don't think you are missing much.
Briony
x

Margie from Toronto said...

I just bought myself the new Jim Butcher - the next Harry Dresden (we've been waiting years)! Stay warm and enjoy the reading.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Hope you get a holiday booked.
Had to smile at the girlfriend description.

walking in beauty carmarthenshire said...

Hope the holiday is a treat for YOU not just nice for everyone else.
Kathy xx

kate steeper said...

yes men do have a type dont they Mr BHs friend whos partner left him rather then stay with him for lockdown is currently hunting for a new slave , he likes them dark skinny with pneumatic tits must have no intellect and be OCD cleaners , bet he isnt putting that on Match.com...lol

mamasmercantile said...

Wishing you a wonderful break away. You are not missing much on the TV.

ShellyC said...

Have a nice break and look after yourself.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.