Tuesday, 11 August 2026

A trip on the Kennet and Avon canal

I'm just home from a trip on the K&A on a horse drawn boat, Beano came with me and was well behaved mainly. He has been fed and is now asleep, I'm resting with a cold drink.

The trip was organised by the Autumn Group though not everyone went. I was given a lift by Pat along with another person that I didn't know.

It was a lovely and peaceful trip and the banks of the canal are very green though the water levels are low.

Pat had asked me to shorten a pair of jeans for her and I'd managed to do this in time to take them with me for her.

Tomorrow is a coffee morning so another excuse to go out and socialise.

I've decided to book a cleaner to help me keep on top of things, I really struggle with cobwebs as they are high up and difficult to see, I also struggle to clean my skirting boards as they are so low down. 

7 comments:

Jane said...

I expect that was a lovely trip. We've recently done the equivalent on the only other horse drawn barge in Tiverton. It was very relaxing and something we'd happily do again.
Getting a cleaner is a good idea. I worked as a cleaner for a couple of elderly ladies for a few years. They were excellent company and I like to think that I helped them stay in their homes and not feel burdened by chores.

Siebrie said...

That sounds like a lovely trip.
Are you entitled to help through the council, or similar?

Sue in Suffolk said...

Lack of water on the canals must be a worry - especially through the locks. We did a trip on the South Oxford in a very hot year and had to go really slow in several places due to lack of depth. We had to turn round and head back before we got anywhere near to Oxford.

Ellen D. said...

Sounds like a nice boat trip. Glad you are taking care of yourself.

Nanny Anny said...

Oh my goodness .... a trip on a horse drawn boat on a canal! That sounds so lovely. I'm so glad you are finding enjoyable things to do now that you are settled in your new home.

Anonymous said...

I love you posts!

Sue said...

That sounds like a lovely day out, there's nothing better than drifting along on the water. The canal levels must be quite low down south!

Almost one year.

I've lived in the village for almost a year now, I've made a determined effort to join in with village life. I joined  the Autumn gr...