Saturday 7 October 2017

Hither and thither

Thank you for all the comments I'm glad I gave you all a laugh.

Someone asked about my car, it is a Nissan Note, with silly little wheels, I like the car though apart from the wheels.

So today CHS had to work, but not until 8am so it was a leisurely start to the day. Whilst at work he chopped up a  broken pallet so now we have a nice pile of kindling.

I drove to the village centre and went to the bakers and butcher's once I'd dropped him off, I bought some rolls, ham and bacon.

I then drove into town to the hardware shop  to buy some nails, from there it was back to the village to collect a prescription and then to the chemist to get the prescription filled.

Back then to work to drop off the ham rolls for CHS for lunch, by the time I returned to the boat it was 10:30.

I collected my cleaning stuff and went to clean a boat, no joy, the padlock had been changed but not the key.

So I went to see the Marina manager to see if he had a key, but no luck.

I gave the Marina manager a bottle of my homemade blackberry vodka and he told me where I could pick some sloes!

Woohoo, I picked lot, then on the way to collect CHS from work I bought a couple of bottles of gin, there will be sole gin for Christmas.

Sloe gin, bloody tablet, even though I've added sloe to the dictionary it still reverts to sole or slope!!

8 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

Sole gin sounds very fishy!!

justjill said...

Could that be slow gin or sloe gin.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Sloe vodka is quite nice too - and Blackberry vodka too.

magda pio said...

Do you just stick the sloes in the gin?

Liz R said...

magda - no, freeze them first, unless they've already been frosted. you also have to add sugar, if memory serves me right, as the sloes are quite bitter. mmm. that's a point, we've got some in the cupboard... cheers!! :D

Hard up Hester said...

Hi Magdalena, I had heard about freezing the slopes but I have a tiny freezer and there is no room.

The recipe I use is 1lb of sloes, slightly less of sugar, pour both into a large wide necked jar, top up with gin, shake regularly, drink after 6 weeks.

Hard up Hester said...

Sorry Magda, my tablet decided to change your name.

Ellen said...

Prick the sloes with a needle a few times if you can't freeze them, to break them open a bit. I use 1lb sloes, 8oz sugar to 1 litre of gin.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.