Wednesday 27 December 2017

Painting the engine bay

We've had a lot of rain and a smattering of snow which has now melted.
The water level is very high almost up to the level of the jetty.

CHS has spent a couple of hours every day painting the engine bay. He's done the rustproof and two coats of primer. Next it's the bilge paint, it's so cold a couple of hours is all he can do before he turns into an icicle.

We took presents round to DD2 yesterday and brought DGS home with us. I also gave my DGD's a bag of yarn oddments as they had been given French knitting dolls but no yarn.

Tomorrow DS is visiting with his GF and we have a fuel delivery due. We are down to our last bag of coal and it's very cold so we don't want to run out.

I cooked a big pan of leek and potato soup on the multi fuel stove and served it with crusty bread. I felt the need for a meat free meal. I cooked some pigs in blankets for CHS and DGS.

6 comments:

Dc said...

Even though we haven’t had much meat, it is still more than normal. We too have needed veg based eating.

herbert said...

glad xmas was not too cold even if it was rocky. Please can we see some pics of the cooking set up? Do you have a gas powered fridge or what do you do about keeping grub cool?

Lyssa Medana said...

Thank goodness for you! Who gives a child a French Knitting doll without yarn? It's one of my bugbears. I've been wondering how you are getting on with all this excess weather. Sending good vibes x

Hard up Hester said...

Dc, I get tired of meat, CHS never does, so I end up cooking two meals.

Lyssa, the other grandma gave them, she obviously isn't a crafter. She also excels at buying clothes n the wrong size, a dress aged 6 months for a 7 year old.

Hard up Hester said...

Lights, we have all mod cons on the boat, I'll put pics on my next post.

Hard up Hester said...

Logotha, my last comment was for you, my tablet changed your name!

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...