Monday 14 October 2019

The dreaded lurgy

DD2's children have got the lurgy, one after the other.

They cannot return to school until 48 after the last bout of vomiting.

Because they have passed it from one to the other it's meant a lot of sick days and DD2 only started  a new job at the beginning of September.

DD2 has to inform work by 7:30 if she cannot attend so she texting me at about 6am to see if I cover for her. So far I've been able to cover all but one day when Steve has a hospital appointment.

It's not like I have a busy life so I'm happy to help.

2 comments:

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

My daughter used to find herself at Chelmsford station waiting for a train and literally one minute the board would say train expected and the next cancelled! She'd ring quite understandably upset and I'd have to jump in my car and travel 20 miles to pick the boys up from school. This has happened more than once.

Lyssa Medana said...

It's tough trying to keep up with pick up and drop off. I've been lucky, but I know how lucky I am. Hope everyone feels better soon.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...