Friday 4 October 2019

Thieving scroat

Steve went to the car this morning to find that the front and rear number plates had been stolen!
Fecking thieving little scroats.

So what was already a busy day today turned to chaos. I had to phone the police to report the theft, this took 40 minutes, then I had to notify my insurance, 30 minutes then I had to organise new number plates. The police were very kind but there is little they can do, they rang me back to ask if I was ok, I explained that I was pissed off but not traumatised. 

I've been told that I can expect to be stopped by the police as the plates have been stolen and advised to keep the URN in the car for when I am stopped.

Steve, of course is ranting and raving, saying I shouldn't have left the car in a car park, I should have parked it on the road. This is the road where I left the car last year overnight and came back to found it had been keyed!

Also today I had three 5 year olds for a few hours.
I was looking after my 5 year old twin grandchildren as DD1 had booked a weekend yoga retreat. I was supposed to be collecting them from school and looking after them until daddy got home around 5:30.
Daddy had his shift changed at short notice and the school added an extra inset day at short notice. 
So I had the children from midday, fortunately their 15 year old sister was also off school so she came too.

DD2's youngest who is also 5 has been off school all week with an upset tummy so I looked after her as well, she is on the mend but cannot return to school until 48 hours after the last bout of upset. 

It was incredibly noisy, all of them playing together but they did colouring and sticking and played with Beano.


7 comments:

justjill said...

A busy day! But I dont want to share it.... Well done.

Sue said...

Bloody hell what a day!!

VC said...

Oh Lord, number plates stolen!

JanF said...

What do they do with number plates? Stick them on stolen vehicles?

Hard up Hester said...

Most likely scenario is that they have been stolen because the thieves have a car like mine, if they put my plates on it the car can be used to steal fuel, transport drugs and speed without getting caught.
I've been told to expect a lot of letters about speeding and fuel theft, I have a URN to quote I also need the URN in my car as I can expect to get stopped by the police regularly for a while.

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

They'll they'll probably steal an identical make colour car and put them on it. Watch out for speeding, parking fines. Glad you told the police, are least you'll have some back up.

Chris said...

Bah, humbug! Did you have the three kids on your boat? I imagine not as that would have been extra difficult. Glad Beano was there to entertain them!

Wednesday

My Oddbox arrived this morning and I've shared it with Betty, in it there were potatoes, onions, spinach, aubergine, a huge cauliflower ...