Sunday 9 February 2020

Stormy weather

The wind is so strong even our boat is rocking and widebeams don't rock as much as narrowboats.

If there is a power cut we won't be affected as we run on a 12 volt system, if our batteries get too low we can run the engine to boost them back up again.

As we are in the marina we plug into shore power if we want to run the immersion heater or do a hot cycle in the washing machine.

I can't watch live tv as I've lowered the sky dish to prevent it getting damaged but I have lots of prerecorded programs and a few DVDs if I want to watch anything.

Steve has laid the solar panels flat to the roof too to prevent them getting damaged.

Beano doesn't want to go for a walk, even though it isn't raining hard it is incredibly noisy with the wind and he is scared.

4 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

It is certainly wild today. Stay safe and snug.

Lyssa Medana said...

There's far too much weather at the moment! Poor Beano, please give him a cuddle from me.

mamasmercantile said...

I don't blame Beano for not wanting to go out. Stay safe.

Pat said...

You sound to be very cosy. My Jack Russell doesn't want to venture out either.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...