Tuesday, 8 September 2026

Rain at last.

We finally have a decent amount of rain, nice and gentle, the sort that soaks into the soil and nourishes it. You can almost hear the plants breathing a sigh of relief as the soil relaxes around their roots.

If it carries on for a few days I shall scatter some seed on the bald patches in my garden.

One of the bungalows here has a lovely green lawn, I assume they have watered it despite the hosepipe ban. I have a green stripe at the top end of my lawn, it's where the water meter is, so I'm wondering if there is a leak.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Our much longed for rain arrived on the Bank Holiday weekend, and suddenly the garden came alive again. Dahlias and Asters, have bloomed and the garden looks quite colourful again.

Sue said...

It's been lovely watching everything greening up again hasn't it.

sue p said...

Or is there lovely lawn artificial?

ladybug said...

I am missing your posts - I do hope you are well. :) Have a wonderful week! Lisa

Hard up Hester said...

No their lawn isn't artificial.

Spending spree

There was a car boot sale in the pub car park this morning and I went along. I bought a cardigan from M&S, it feels really warm and as I...