Saturday 23 November 2013

A few more pennies are squeezed

The milkman left full fat milk this morning instead of semi skimmed, I poured half of it into an empty clean milk bottle & then topped both bottles up with water. I pay 89p for a bottle of milk so put that amount in my savings tin.
I put 15p in the tin every day when I've eaten free porridge provided at work.
There was no free porridge on Wednesday or Thursday this week as they were inset days, but there was a free lunch at work those days, I put £1.50 in the tin for each day.
I found a punnet of mushrooms reduced from 95p to 45p at the garage today when I went to put petrol in the car, so that's another 50p i the tin.
I also put 3p in the tin every day as I reuse my teabags and drink about 6 cups of tea a day.
I don't miss the few pennies a day, but it will all add up over a year.

4 comments:

Lyssa Medana said...

My gran used to put away the pennies when she saved money with a coupon and it paid for quite a few days out when I was little. I don't get the coupons for the value stuff I use, but I'm muttering about putting away money I save on a multibuy. I think that putting away the money when you get something for free is a good idea. WS xxx

rachfishop said...

Happy birthday and congratulations on the upcoming twins!

Retro Wren said...

Excellent savings with the pennies. I try hard to save coppers n 5pence pieces. Hoping to have a good few extra quid nearer Christmas. :)

frugal freesia said...

My mum used to say, "look after the pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves". Very true. I'm sure everyone has heard it. I've often thought of putting the money that I save on anything I buy into a tin but haven't managed to keep it up for long:(

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...