Saturday 24 June 2017

Get rich quick.

I'm not going to, that's for sure.

The tenant's deposit is in the Tenancy Deposit Scheme account the rent went into the joint account.

As she moved in half way through the month I only took £485 in rent.

So far I've spent
Professional clean,              £230
Replacement of broken tap, £120
New washing machine,        £303

Now one of the toilets is broken!

The plumber is going to fix in next week, more  money, ouch.

If it's going to carry on like this I will have to start charging her for the repairs!
 


5 comments:

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

I have been renting a house we own to the same family for 4 years in November and they have been good tenants. We have repairs over the years and I fully expect to have to re-carpet and decorate when they leave as they have young children.

Hard up Hester said...

I'm sure thing will get better, I'm not expecting to get rich but this will be my only income from October when I retire.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I hope things settle down Hester - these are probably just teething problems.

maureenlthompson said...

My goodness, has she broken these things since moving in?

Chris said...

I had to laugh at this, we leased out my house for 4 years and if anything went wrong, the tenants couldn't phone fast enough, but they never phoned when it was fixed right away.. and of course I paid tax on it, so not a lot of profit!

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...