Tuesday 5 June 2018

Get a grip.

When he was 14 years old my son in law briefly  dated a girl in his class at school. Very briefly as the relationship lasted just under 6 weeks.

To this day she calls him a cunt whenever she sees him. As this is usually in the school play ground it's a bit inconvenient.

They are both 40 now, she is married with a child, you'd think she'd be over it by now wouldn't you.

I did wonder if she had bestowed her virginity on him but as he freely admits he didn't lose his until he was 16 this isn't the case.

My son in law is a great dad, a loving husband and has a brilliant sense of humour,  Brad Pitt he ain't.

6 comments:

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

What is her problem? Some people can't get on with their lives! I really hate that word. Youngsters use it do freely these days. The F word is more commonplace and I have said it myself but I could never say C U Next Tuesday!

janipi said...

Good decision to dump that one all those years ago. A lucky escape. My children would not dare to drop the C bomb in my earshot. That would be a maximum hefty fine in the swearbox and possible sentencing. I remember one of mine being grounded for a while and the punishment was worse for me rather than for him.

Jeannieuk said...

I agree with Janipi. Thank goodness the relationship fizzled out. I was always taught that there are enough words in the English language to use without having to resort to that one (or those two) and you just showed yourself to be either crude or thick or both if you used them. How times have changed!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like he's well rid of a foul-mouthed individual. I pity her poor husband, she must lead him a right dance if she shouts things out like that in public and what an example to set for young children in the playground.

My parents never swore, at least not in my hearing and I was also taught in English lessons that the dictionary is full of enough adequate words to use without resorting to swearing. A lesson I still try to live by although I have been known to use a mild swear word or two.

Joan (Devon)

justjill said...

I used the F word while giving birth. The C word is horrid and I agree with the others above.

Hope he appreciates, as I am sure he does, his escape from that harridan.

Chris said...

That is one serious hang-up she has. Someone needs to send her for therapy.

Beano goes to the vet.

My neighbour Harry very kindly gave Beano and I a lift to the vets  this morning. Beano's dew claws were very overgrown. Time was I'...