Wednesday 6 June 2018

I think not!

The tenant is having problems or being one, which ever is your point of view.

The ensuite shower isn't working, the bath is draining too slowly and the kids have put their feet through the decking.

I've had a very tongue in cheek report from the managing agent.

The tenant knows for a fact, as they have spoken to Dennis, that the only cure for the slow draining bath would be to fit an entire new bathroom suite!

I don't know who Dennis is, but I don't think so sunshine! The tenant has even started to look at bathroom options!!

There were yet again 2 dogs at the property, they have permission for one dog! They claim the dog is only there 2 days a week but cannot remember which days!

I will get the plumber out to look at the shower, and also look under the bath as the agent says some of the pipes run uphill instead of down.

As for the decking, they would like it all replaced, they can go whistle, they were told twice to move the plastic sheeting that it was covered with.

I'm happy to replace the decking at their expense but not at mine. 

I've also checked the lease, it states all problems must be reported immediately or at least within 24 hours, they took 2 weeks to contact the agent with their problems


11 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

The problems of having tenants I think - always a worry.

Anonymous said...

High Five. My tenant-from-hell is 4 months behind with rent, but has apparently just booked a family holiday to the Costa del Something. Tenant has cost me a fricking fortune in plumbing issues and *expects* a new kitchen. Neighbours also very pissed off with tenant. I lose major money on this every year. I would sell, but can't afford to, it is mortgaged (interest only) for 25% more than it is worth at current market value. No fun being a private landlord. None at all.

Anonymous said...

Wipes froth on sleeve. Don't even start me on the managing agent. I am a decent landlord, have tried really hard to make sure my tenant has a good property. Not getting the love back at all. Sorry for the rant. Private landlords are castigated; there are some seriously shitty tenants out there.

Kitty Greene said...

Been there - done that - never again !!

Hard up Hester said...

I'm lucky, my managing agent is on my side not the tenant

Anonymous said...

Rabid landlord here again. The managing agents are on my side, but useless. The property is in an area where it has to be registered with the council as a private let (council money making scheme). The agents were supposed to register the property with the council and told me they had, but it transpires they have not done so, leaving me potentially liable to a fine of up to £30K.

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

My tenants, a family of 4 have been in my other house for 5 years November. Last November I put the rent up by £35 a month and immediately received a letter requesting various things. Out of the 8 things I did 5. The rest I considered unreasonable and not necessary. It sounds like your tenant s are a bit of a nightmare! Hope you sort them soon.

Witch Hazel said...

Slow draining plughole.... I bet its full of hair. Star with caustic soda and see if that improves things.

herbert said...

Cor they have a cheek. Still when they eventually move out, you should be able to take the cost of replacing the decking from their deposit as it was ruined due to their own negligence.
As for the plumbing, I wonder if they use cleaning or baby wipes (or even sanitary towels)and flush them...They dont do well in drains.

yellowtulip118@gmail.com said...

They sound like a rum bunch to me. My late mum rented out her property and it was a nightmare. Despite glowing references, he turned out to be an alcoholic and nearly burned the house down. Good for you on the various demands being made, stick to your guns girl!

myshabbychicvintagefrugallife said...

Slow draining bath could be its clogged up with hair especially if they are disrespectful with your property , The solution is to squeeze a tube of hair removing cream down the plughole leave for an hour then rinse it with lots and lots of hot water , Hope this helps xxx

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...