Sunday 7 March 2021

Roast dinner

 I worked out that I have cooked in excess of 2300 roast dinners, I cook a roast every Sunday and have since I was in my 20's.

Today was no exception, pork for Steve and chicken breast for me. Beano also enjoys a roast dinner, though not much of his is roasted, he had boiled potato, broccoli and chicken.

Unfortunately something in the meal makes him fart and as he is a silent farter there is no advance warning, suddenly my eyes start to water and I am gasping for breath. Beano sleeps on, oblivious.


10 comments:

50 and counting said...

Those type of dog farts are known as "silent but deadly" in our house

Chris said...

No roast here - just leftovers. Oh, he's a sneaky one, that Beano. Is that how he got his name?

crafty cat corner said...

I have 5 cats but must say that they almost never seem to fart. My husband on the other hand is an expert. lol
Briony
x

savannah said...

Never,ever feed a dog brocolli. It's a good thing he's a little dog.
If he was a 100 bully dog,enclosed in the small area on your boat they'd have found you unconscious! Thank goodness your ok.

Sansthing said...

It´s the broccoli, fatal!

flis said...

Two of mine have colitis regularly so the stink is common here and in the car it's a bit strong x

mamasmercantile said...

He would be a good companion to my dog Mickey who is a prolific farter.

Lynda said...

It’s the broccoli!

LameWolf said...

Definitely the broccoli to blame. I'm a carer with a dog-sitting company.... ask me how I know for sure it's the broccoli. :-D
Would Beano accept carrots instead?

Hard up Hester said...

Unfortunately cooked broccoli is the only veg Beano will eat!

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.