Friday 18 June 2021

Here we go again

It's rained all day today, apart from a brief respite at about 3:30 when I managed to get Beano out for a quick walk.

Because of the rain, the K&A is Red Boarded from Woolhampton to Frouds Bridge and from County Lock to Fobney Lock. I'm hoping we get to move on before we are Red Boarded here.

Our friends set off this afternoon towards Reading  they will be gone for five weeks, we will miss them. I'm on a mission to knit as many scarves and hats in the chunky wool I was given before they return. I shall do a simple rib for the scarves but I need to look for an easy hat pattern to go with them.

Margaret, I have seen Foxes Afloat, Steve watches a lot of narrow boat videos but to me they are a bit "coals to Newcastle" so I watch other stuff.


2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Wish we had rain here Hester - my garden is desperate

Anonymous said...

What do you mean by "coals to Newcastle"? We have just discovered the whole "narrow boat" thing via "Great Canal Journeys" & "Foxes Afloat". I remembered reading your blog ages ago, and came back here to see what type of boat you were living on. It sounds like you have a different type of boat, but have a more "realistic" life than the "Foxes". Is that what you meant? So glad to hear that you haven't been harmed by these storms. Stay safe!

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...