Wednesday 8 December 2021

On the bus

 I was allowed out unsupervised today, I'd hoped to set off about 10 but the safety lecture given by Steve meant i caught the 11:35 bus.

At one point I was convinced he was going to insist on coming with me. He is fine when I go out with someone else, he's just convinced I'm not safe alone.

You'd think I was 7 instead of 70, I was given detailed instructions on which bus to catch (there is only one). How to buy a ticket. Which stop to get off at (the one directly outside the shop seemed a good choice). Where to cross the road and many other random suggestions including stopping at MacDonald for lunch, I'm not a fast food fan.

I need to make this a regular occurrence and then he may calm down a bit.

I managed to get most of what I wanted plus the items Steve couldn't get when he went out.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Well done on competently navigating a tricky excursion! I think he is just concerned that you arrive home safely to cook his tea!

Ellen D. said...

Congrats on getting so much of your (and Steve's) shopping done! I knew you could do it!

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...