Sunday 6 July 2014

Done it

We have bought a new to us car, it's a Nissan Note, there were 2 for sale at the same place.
The showroom has a good local reputation but even so I got my son to look at both cars before I bought one.
We have taken out a bank loan to tide us over until my money comes through in September.
We did this for a few reasons, our bank had a low interest loan on offer, with MIL being ill, we never know when we might have to rush off, also DD2's car has been off the road for some time now and her SPD is getting worse, she borrows my car when I can spare it, but it isn't ideal. If she had a car of her own she could take on more babysitting work & more work with her other job and therefore save for another car quicker.
By buying a new car now I have been able to sell DD2 my car for £1, it has a years MOT & 6 months tax, it needs a repair that will cost £75 that I have booked to be done next week. I'm collecting my new car on Wednesday.

9 comments:

Linda Metcalf said...

Very happy for you! My van is falling apart...little bits at a time. But will drive it until it stops as retirement $$$ is short.

Anonymous said...

Yep you're a great Mum,you're girl will appreciate all you do for her.Jo

kelley said...

What a cute car...glad you were able to swing it...I love hearing how well you and your kids get along...

jill said...

Wish you both comfort, safe driving and good health!
Glad the old car was able to pass MOT after all..
Hope the newer car lessens the stress of the long trips to Mil's when you need to visit.

Unknown said...

that car is going to be a great help to your daughter xxx

markdebby said...

Hope you have lots of enjoyable times with your new car
Sylvia

Pam said...

Just the sort of act that I would expect from you. Most Mums would do the same if they could. Enjoy the new car, you deserve it.

Hard up Hester said...

I'm just so looking forward to having a car where all the windows open & the radio works.

Anonymous said...

Oh very nice love the color looks great!

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...