Sunday 20 July 2014

Hand book

There was no hand book with my new car, I've looked on ebay but no joy, so I've emailed Nissan directly, this is what I wrote, I hope they can help.

I recently bought a 2nd hand 09 Nissan Note Tekna, I am absolutely delighted with the car, but there is one small problem.
The car did not come with a hand book & whilst I am gradually working out what all the buttons & switches do, my beloved husband is having problems. He does not drive as he had an industrial accident many years ago & is now partially sighted, but he is a very enthusiastic co -pilot when I drive & he is driving me mad. He is constantly asking me 'What does this do?' & 'What happens when I press this?'. It's like driving with a disruptive toddler in the car, I have driven through France & Spain with 4 children & believe me, that was easier. I have come to terms with never listening to a track on the radio all the way through as he likes to change channels, I can also drive without using the rear view mirror as he is fiddling with the interior lights. But although I love all  bells & whistles on the Tekna almost as much as I love my husband, his constant fiddling & questions are a problem. Please can you help? It would be a shame if such an otherwise kind & loving husband should die from being pushed out of the car whilst travelling at speed. 

6 comments:

primrosesattic said...

Poor you. I hope they send you back a book. My husband is a bit like that or is that all men! Whenever I have changed my cars he reads the car manual then takes great pleasure in telling me what all the buttons do. I get frustrated because I want to find out by myself.
Rosezeeta.

kate steeper said...

If we make out of the yard without the criticism starting its a miracle.....the radio fiddling also does my head in

Anonymous said...

Have a look at the Nissan note owners club.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to your post. My husband is visually impaired due to a stroke (11 years ago) and he, too, fiddles with the buttons, dials, etc. while I am driving. It is very annoying at times.

Myra, from Winnipeg, Canada where we are in the midst of some hot weather.

rachfishop said...

Bwahahahha! I bet that made someone's day at Nissan.

Retro Wren said...

Oh my goodness! Yet again you've made my day:).
Love the letter and Nissan will too. Big hugs to you both lovely lady. Xx

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...