Tuesday 29 July 2014

Doing a Hyacinth

I'm holding a soiree, a candle-lit supper next week, well nearly.
We have people come over for drinks & food, we have invited 3 couples though one couple may decline as the wives don't get on.
It will be a relaxed affair, I'm doing an assortment of food so there should be something for everyone. Although I know that one guest eats only chicken nuggets & mashed potato. I shall make chicken goujons, I refuse to serve nuggets at a meal aimed at people over 30 years old!

6 comments:

Frugal in Derbyshire said...

So would I! Crikey! Makes you wonder.

50 and counting said...

Will you be singing and will there be a Major in attendance???

Anonymous said...

From Margie in Toronto - funny - I've been doing a bit of entertaining these past couple of weeks too - and this Saturday I've got 3 friends coming over for an afternoon of chatting and board games. I've got nibbles and I'll make a salad but I'm ordering pizza. A couple of them aren't terribly adventurous and a wee bit fussy so it's the easiest way. I'm going to do a big bowl of strawberries and whipped cream for dessert so it will be easy. And next Saturday I've got another group coming for "tea". Little sandwiches, HM scones and a few sweets - not to taxing.

Hard up Hester said...

Lol, 50, people would pay me not to sing & I don't know any Majors, or any titled people.

Unknown said...

Just found your Blog, please adopt me, you're hilarious! x

Anonymous said...

Love the heading on your blog!! Hyacinth has been a favourite of mine.
Myra, from Winnipeg, Canada

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...