Saturday 1 July 2017

Sulky sat-nav

My sat-nav has a cob on, it won't talk to me. it's probably fed up with me ignoring its instructions and going my own way until I get near my destination.

On Friday after work I decided to drive to the hospital where my DD was to visit her.

I'd had a message to say she was out of surgery and ok.

She's always been the one who needs her mum even though she is 36 and I knew she was still feeling fragile from losing Barney.

According to google maps it was a 45 minute drive to the hospital, so I allowed an hour!

Now I am more than capable of getting lost in a car park never mind going round a very complicated motorway junction, so I really needed my sat-nav.

No joy, it would put up a map of where I needed to go but the voice refused to work. I'm not that keen on looking at the screen instead of the road ahead but I decided to give it a try.

I finally made it and it was worth it just to see the look on her face when I arrived.

6 comments:

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

I'm a Liverpudlian living in the south and haven't heard the cob on expression since I left the pool. It made me chuckle. You haven't accidentally switched the voice commands off?

Bonnie said...

I set mine yesterday on the way back from hols.only clicked on the bike bit, so ended up in a bloody car park having a nervo breakdown lol x

The Weaver of Grass said...

My 'sat nav' is my road map and a bit o brain power, but as I never go far and only on familiar roads it doesn't really make a lot of difference.

Jean said...

Glad you were able to get to see your daughter. I am a single woman in my 50s, my mother has been gone for 16 years and I get along without missing her too much normally. However when I am sick and not feeling well, that is when I miss her the most so I understand your daughter well.

Linda Metcalf said...

Our kiddos need us forever....and isn't that a wonderful thing!

Hard up Hester said...

Tania, it's an expression I often use, I probably heard in on The Liverbirds, I tend to collect odd sayings.

Sally what a nightmare!

Weaver, I'd go round and round in circles without mine.

Jean, Linda, I'm happy to be there for her if she needs me, my other daughter is more likely to turn to her husband for support.

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...