Friday 22 November 2019

Tissues at the ready

I may have a new grandchild on the horizon, an eight year old, gender unspecified as yet.

DD1 laid on a cream tea for me today, all prepared by a professional chef, he happens to be her DH. I always say I don't want 'stuff' I'd rather have a meal our or a trip. By having the tea at her house it meant we could have it at a time to suit us, midday, and I could take Beano with me as Steve was meeting up with his brother and Beano hates being left alone. DD2 drove me over to DD1's so I had a cream tea with a gin and tonic!

DD1 has planning permission to extend her house, she has found a builder who can start immediately. He comes highly recommended by people in her village. He had a job booked in but it was cancelled at short notice as the customer decided they didn't want the disruption over Christmas.

DD is prepared to accept the disruption as she is desperate to offer a home to the eight year old mentioned above who needs somewhere from early next year.

DD1 cannot afford the full price of the extension and we will be receiving our share of the profits for the first house sale imminently. I think it's serendipitous.

7 comments:

pollyanna said...

Belated Happy Birthday Hester. I'm glad you had a quieter day and had a perfect birthday tea.

Your dd has a big heart - The apple didn't fall too far from the tree!

I've just caught up on your previous posts and was unable to squeeze out the tiniest tear for the toxic tenants who made your life a misery. Karma The mills of God or possibly both.
pollyx

The Weaver of Grass said...

All sounds very exciting - hope it works out well.

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

What fantastic news and a lovely celebration for your birthday.

Bettina Groh said...

Lucky grandchild... gender unspecified... getting such a great new family! Happy birthday even if it is a little late??!
As for your toxic tenants... sounds like divine retribution to me!

Marjorie said...

A great investment of your house funds and a little child going to a loving home. So wonderful.

Pat said...

A new grandchild - wonderful! It will have done you good to have had some time away from the usual everyday stuff.

Lyssa Medana said...

Sending good vibes for the little one

A nosedive.

I'm struggling at present, my sight has taken another nosedive. Hopefully I'll adjust to it soon. Unfortunately it's coincided w...