Monday 10 January 2022

Comments

Lyssa I find meal planning extremely boring now I'm cooking for Steve he's fussy almost to the point  of obsession. But I've been cooking since I lived alone in a bedsit  at 16 so it's second nature.

I always cook from scratch and I don't like junk food, Steve loves junk food so he treats himself if he goes into town for anything.

Jaccs, I'm not vegetarian but I do eat a lot of vegetables whereas Steve won't. My diet is old-fashioned and basic, stuff that I'd call food, food from nature. Steve prefers food products, stuff that is highly processed and comes from a lab or factory.

I do have a freezer but it's small, when I lived in a house I kept milk and bread in the fridge so I didn't run out. I can't do this now and as it's 3 mile walk to the shop I try very hard not to run out.

Ellen life on a boat is difficult when it's wet because of the mud everywhere but I prefer it to being surrounded by concrete.

Cathy socks and gloves yes, in fact I wear two pairs of gloves, one ordinary and one fingerless but I can't wear hats often I have a lot of very thick hair which gets sweaty.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't fancy using a hot water bottle, have you thought about having an electric blanket? They do not use much electricity and many can be left on a low setting all night.

Good luck, Marty (leisure boater)

Debby said...

Your life sounds nearly idyllic in the summer, but it sounds as if living on a boat in the winter is a tough life. Have you ever googled clay pot heaters? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11dqKJrulk

marlane said...

LOL we are down to one cooked meal a day now. Hubby is the cook. We went on the keto way of eating which is a high fat diet. The complete opposite of everything we have been led to believe and it certainly saves on dishes.We are both thinner and have much lower BP. Lots of low carb veggies too.

Chris said...

I heard (or read) that barley is an excellent food source. I will try to incorporate it into my diet from now on.

flis said...

I know it must be much colder where you live but my house is quite cold and draughty as it's not well insulated-so I wrap myself up in fleece pyjamas,fleece type dressing gown,fleece cape and several fleece blankets-the dogs have fleece too x

Beano goes to the vet.

My neighbour Harry very kindly gave Beano and I a lift to the vets  this morning. Beano's dew claws were very overgrown. Time was I'...