Thursday 20 January 2022

Thursday

The tap is not really clean there is still a lot of scale on it. I can't get a toothbrush or bottle brush in the gap. Unfortunately the net from Lakeland is out of stock Col but I will keep a look out for one. 

I like vegetables and have a small repertoire of vegetarian dishes but I'd never eat the fake meat dishes, fake bacon or fake sausage. I think it's too akin to the crap Steve eats.

Minus 5 this morning, I put the heating on and got back into bed until the boat warmed up.  Parts of the marina were frozen today the ice wasn't thick but it was enough to confuse the swans.

Beano and I managed 9.37 km today. We started off in one direction but the sheep all came running to the fence hoping for food so Beano changed direction and we walked beside an empty field instead.

I struggled to stay warm during the day because Beano needs to go out, so no sooner am I warm that I'm back out in the cold again.


5 comments:

Angela said...

Have you tried using a piece of dental floss (plus descaler) to clean the back edge of the tap? We had terrible limescale problems in one house and that was the only way i could get the little tap in the tiny downstairs loo clean. I get Steves concern about descale... The loo in that house was scaled up when we moved in. I was trying to shift it bit by bit. I went away, and Bob put descaler on and left it for an EVENING. It ate the ceramic surface of the loo. Never did get it properly clean after that!

kate steeper said...

not a big fan of the commercial vegan crap on offer but despite being a meat eater im a lifelong fan of Linda MCcartney sausage rolls , they have doubled in price of late and shrunk but still my favourite treat

Pollie said...

Would unravelling a plastic scourer and using several strands twisted together solve the tap problem?

bbarna said...

A strip of fabric , saturate in white vinegar and tie around the base...leave for a few hours and then rinse. It works for soaking shower heads in .
Barb

Lyssa Medana said...

You and Beano are getting a lot of exercise. Speaking theoretically about the tap, could you try a strip of cloth soaked in vinegar and eased behind the tap, left to sit and then sort of see sawed backwards and forwards? I think I've seen something like that somewhere. I have a great theoretical knowledge of housework, not so much the practical.

To be honest, I quite like quorn, but I plan to experiment more with beans etc rather than get all the processed stuff.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...