Monday 27 May 2024

Books

Reading is one of the few pleasures I have left.

I can't see well enough to read conventional books but I use a kindle so I can enlarge the font.

I'm a voracious reader, well let's face it there isn't much else I can do.

I pay for kindle unlimited so I have plenty of free books to choose from.

A couple of days ago I paid £5.99 for a book, Skint Estate by Cash Carraway. I thoroughly enjoyed it, though parts of it were a bit harrowing.

I'm not into romances, I prefer books like the Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell or books by Ben Aaronovitch. Sometimes I re-read all the Terry Pratchett books.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you considered audio books?

Jessica Hollinghurst said...

I am rereading the Arronovitch books at the moment I wish he would hurry up with more. Ha e you read the Thursday Murder Club books I think you would like them.

Sooze said...

I'm not keen on Kindle book reading, think I read too fast so am always having to swipe/touch the screen....I can see how it would be better for you though with limited sight. Re the audio book suggestion above - I know you have hearing problems too, but if you can hear alright through headphones, that might be a good option. And it would have the added advantage of shutting out your other half's moaning!

zoeoutside said...

If you like Pratchett and Aaronovitch, you might like Jasper Fforde (start with The Eyre Affair) and Jodi Taylor (start with Just One Damned Thing After Another). They have dodos in common - but differently.

Traveller said...

Have you considered NetGalley - free books but you have to review them and post a review.

Siebrie said...

Some hearing aids have Bluetooth, where the sound goes directly to the hearing aid and into your ear, so no-one else has to listen to the book with you.

Still coughing

I'm still alive and still coughing I don't feel unwell, but I'm knackered from not sleeping well. I've spent the last two ni...