Thursday 2 May 2024

Lunch out

Betty and I went shopping today, I didn't buy anything but I was happy to wander around the shops with her. Betty was buying gifts for an event she's organising.

We had lunch out, fish and chips, very nice it was too.

We came home, I took Beano out for a walk, Steve said he'd already walked him but Beano was happy to go out.

Then I went to the summer house which Beano always enjoys.

I was back indoors just after 4 p.m. and Steve was in a chatty mood. Unfortunately he soon went from chatty to whinge mode. He hates it here, he hates the other owners, on and on.

Eventually I told him I'd be happy to put the flat on the market and we could split the proceeds. I told him I'd move in with my daughter and he could move wherever he wanted to.

There was silence for about 30 minutes, he then announced that he only had about four years to live so it wasn't worth him moving.




10 comments:

flis said...

Has he been told by a Doctor? As that does sound odd - mine has mood swings too and I've suggested the same thing - It is difficult but just to find the sunshine each day x

Col said...

If Steve keeps drinking as much as he is, it could very likely be less than four years!
Of course, it could just be the excuse he thought of during those silent thirty minutes!
As much as he moans, grizzles and bitches about everything, he knows which side his bread's buttered on!
He's brain damaged from the stroke, it doesn't mean he's daft!!!
Keep buggering on! X

Poppy and Me said...

Well done. at least it shut him up for a while.

Annabeth said...

Hoisted by his own petard! I like it!

Karla said...

My BIL had a stroke in December, and was put on antidepressants. The doctors have since doubled the dose. He is far less agitated and angry, and more willing to do his therapy. He is still his complaining, finger-pointing self. That hasn't gone away and likely won't ever. But he is not as hostile and aggressive at others.

Donna said...

Love your response...lolol
big hug
Donna

Ellen D. said...

Glad you got out for a nice lunch. Taking care of yourself is so important.

Anonymous said...

Well done for having an enjoyable lunch out with Betty.
Well done for going for a walk with Beano and for going to the summer house.
Finally Well Done, for giving him his answer and putting him in his place.

Welcome back the old Hester!

Anne, Shropshire

jeannemarie said...

Good for you! Did you take it with a straight face? Take your joy where you can find it!

Lyssa Medana said...

Sending hugs x

Hopefully this will be a memorable moment for Steve.

Bloody men

I got up this morning and staggered to the bathroom, when I opened the bathroom cabinet I was met by the sight of many busy little ants runn...