Monday 27 May 2019

Hey big spender

We are back from the Crick boat show, we had a good time, Steve and Beano coped well even though the show was crowded on Saturday and I caught the sun.

There are lots of exciting boaty and non-boaty things to see and buy.

Steve bought some long arm loppers as he gave his last pair to DD1 as she has a garden full of trees and bushes.

I bought some fudge, a flower garland to go round my sun hat and two necklaces I spent £12 in total.

The hotel cost an arm and a leg but we had budgeted for it and for the food we ate.  
The hotel was busy as they had a wedding on as well as being full from the boat show but the staff were very helpful and efficient, two staff members made a huge fuss of Beano which he lapped up.

There was a gaggle of small bridesmaids in the wedding party aged between 3 & 5 who all swooped on Beano to give him cuddles which he also enjoyed.

We didn't stay for the entirety of the show, we'd seen enough during the preview day and the first show day, the journey home was uneventful with no hold ups.
We arrived back home just before lunchtime and I turned around and went straight back out as I'd promised a other boater a lift to Aldi. I didn't need an ordinary shop as I went a few days ago, so I did a freezer shop and filled the freezer up with meat and fish.

6 comments:

LameWolf said...

Uh, oh, Hester, looks like you've got a spammer on your comments section now. Makes a change from trolls I guess....

Give Beano a cuddle for me; he sounds like such a little darling, and what a good boy, coping with all the people at the show.

Hard up Hester said...

Thanks LW, I've deleted the spam.

justjill said...

Lovely to have some time away. Is Crich the place with the tram museum? Or are the memory cells totally out!

Meanqueen said...

Did you see David from Cruising the Cut?

justjill, the tramway museum is in Criche Derbyshire.

Hard up Hester said...

We have met him before and Jonno from journey with Jonno, but didn't see either of them at Crick.

Meanqueen said...

I don't know why but I have taken to watching canal boat videos, maybe I fancy the idea myself but I know it won't happen. I've seen Jonno, and the two girls, and London Girl, and one or two others. The show looked very busy, no wonder you didn't see them.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...