Monday 20 May 2019

Symptoms

Steve's not well today, he's gone to bed to rest.

He got very confused a couple of times, not able to remember where my daughter lived etc.

Usually if he's like this in the morning we stay home, apart from maybe a short walk.

Today though we had arranged to take his friend out for lunch and didn't want to let him down. 

Steve coped but was bad tempered all day. 

When we got to the pub I left the men in the garden trying to choose a table whilst I went inside to order some drinks and collect the menu. At some point Beano slipped out of his harness, got away from the men and ran across the garden, fortunately he ran straight into the pub and straight to me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure you needed the additional stress
Of coping with a rescue dog when your husband
Is recouperating. Please be careful, next time the dog could run in front of a car.

Twiggymoon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twiggymoon said...

Really ANONYMOUS? Who made you judge and jury? It’s called life. Go and get one and stop being such a sanctimonious twat to Hester.

Rambler said...

It seems that Beano has decided that YOU are the Alpha in your little group, so although it is good for CHS /Steve to take him for walks, he will have to keep a tight grip on his lead, or he'll be heading back to you - The Boss. I hope things work out well for all of you - and soon.

kate steeper said...

On a bad day we live with Oscar the Grouch and they all try to stay out of his way , other half will throw stuff at us , does nothing but f at us and is a right mardy joy sapper. But thats the fun packed world of being a carer.....he does get some good days..lol

Hard up Hester said...

Twiggymoon I love the phrase sanctimonious twat.
Rambled, yes I think you are right.
Kate, I often say I sometimes wake up Grumpy, other times I leave him to sleep!!

Anonymous said...

Ah THE anonymous troll obviously hasn't read the post/comment where it was quite clear that Beano being added to the family unit is a huge HELP to CHS's recuperation and rehabilitation as it improves his walking! Some people are such fools.

I think Beano will be a great boon to you guys xx

Caroline x

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...