Tuesday 31 December 2019

Christmas presents

Every year I make stuff for Christmas, I've made scarves, hats, socks, all manner of things over the years. This year I made reusable face wipes and flannels. The face wipes were crochet and the flannels were knitted.

I also make liqueurs, usually blackberry vodka and sloe gin because I can forage for the fruit. This year I had to buy the sloes as the bushes I usually pick from had all been cut back.

For the first time I made Clementine Gin and it was delicious, I've started another batch as it is so nice.

To make any of these the recipe is:-

500 grams fruit and 400 grams sugar added to a large kilner jar.
Pour over a bottle off gin or vodka and stir.
Shake the jar frequently until the sugar has dissolved.
It will be ready to drink in about six weeks.

8 comments:

thrift deluxe said...

Clementine gin sounds rather nice.

Best wishes for the coming year.

Carol Caldwell said...

Happy New Year Hester. x

Col said...

I made Blackberry Gin this year, but am definitely going to do a batch of Clementine Vodka within the next few days, it sounds as though it will be delicious!
All my very Best Wishes for 2020 Sue, may it bring everything you wish for, especially better health for both you and Steve. X

TrishWish said...

That sounds lovely and warming drink.

Carol Caldwell said...

Sounds lovely. Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

I gt a bottle of Clove Rock vodka - tastes a lot better than it sounds!
W

Eleanor said...

Your clementine gin sounds gorgeous, do you slice the fruit or leave it whole? Happy New Year to you and all your family.

Hard up Hester said...

I slice the clementines Eleanor.

Beano goes to the vet.

My neighbour Harry very kindly gave Beano and I a lift to the vets  this morning. Beano's dew claws were very overgrown. Time was I'...