Sunday 22 December 2019

Humdrum sort of day.

It has been dry all day today so Beano has had two really long walks. He will not go further than the end of the jetty when it's raining so he enjoyed his walks immensely.

Steve has got the bug I had so has spent most of the day in bed.

I managed to do a load of washing and to defrost the freezer and repack it, I also dug out the Christmas presents that I've bought and made. They were stashed in all sorts of places.

I had intended to cook roast beef today and defrosted a small beef joint, but as the oven decided to turn up its toes I've made pot roast on the hob instead. We'll eat it tomorrow now as Steve's not feeling up to eating much today.

2 comments:

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

Oh no, why do things let you down when you need it most. Are you cooking Christmas dinner? Hope Steve gets better soon.

Chris said...

I'm sure the roast will taste just as good for resting overnight. Fingers crossed for a quick recovery, Steve.

Beano goes to the vet.

My neighbour Harry very kindly gave Beano and I a lift to the vets  this morning. Beano's dew claws were very overgrown. Time was I'...