Tuesday 9 January 2024

Fish pie

Last week Betty suggested to Steve that she would prefer to do the main courses for our Tuesday lunches if I'd do the puddings.  I agreed as I'm happy to do this. 

The following day Steve announced that he wanted me to make fish pie this week. I don't think Betty was best pleased at this sudden change of plan but she agreed as she knows what Steve is like.

So today I made two dishes of fish pie, one including hard boiled eggs and one without. Steve wasn't happy as he likes eggs but Harry doesn't. I served them with carrots and peas. Two of the group are away on a cruise but a new person joined us so there were five of us.

Betty made a fruit crumble and custard. Next week I'm making a strawberry tart.

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

Hugs and love

Ana Dunk said...

It is nice that Betty recognizes what Steve is like and goes along with whatever is the easiest for you. It makes your life a little easier to have her so understanding.

Fat Dormouse said...

It's good Betty understands. Maybe you could suggest Steve cooks one of the main courses...?! Or is that a step too far?!

It's not a long boat!

I recently got a new book via kindle unlimited, it is a godsend to me as I read a lot of books. I can't hear well enough to listen to th...