Tuesday 23 January 2024

Lunch with Betty.

There was only Betty and I for lunch today so we ate in Betty's flat. It seemed pointless opening the summer house just for two of us. 

We had lamb steaks, roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese and long term broccoli, it was delicious.

We had cheese and biscuits afterwards.

Steve went into town, he was hoping to rent a suit for Bob's wedding. But they only hire out morning suits so he may have to buy one.

Steve is still not attending the get togethers in the summer house but I often go along with Beano.

4 comments:

Mary said...

It's good for you to make an effort to socialize. We are proud of you in the blog world. You go girl!

Ellen D. said...

Sounds like a terrific lunch. Nice for you to get out.

lindsey said...

Perhaps it was a relief for you that Steve did not attend. It doesn’t seem to have occurred to him that you would not be asked to cook for your neighbours if they did not like what you provided. I don’t have any advice to give you except to say that you should remember that you are strong lady and entitled to have control over your own life. Good luck and best wishes to you x

flis said...

Sounds very enjoyable for you both x

It's not a long boat!

I recently got a new book via kindle unlimited, it is a godsend to me as I read a lot of books. I can't hear well enough to listen to th...