Saturday 25 July 2015

Two birds, one stone

I've given up chocolate, I gave up a couple of months ago, but there are still some chocolate oddments in the fridge. There is a mixture of some very expensive hand made chocolates, half a bar of milk chocolate and some praline seashells.

This morning DGD Eileen wanted to make cakes, unfortunately my cooker has given up the ghost and my new one wasn't due to be delivered between 10 and 2 today.

So we made crispie cakes, I melted all the chocolate left in the fridge together in a big bowl in the microwave and stirred in some rice crispies.

Great result, no more chocolate reproaching me from the fridge and one happy DGD.

2 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Crikey you can leave chocolate in the fridge, I would have heard it calling me the whole time it was there, and would have ate it so I could get rid of the voices in my head.

Hard up Hester said...

Hi Marlene, it took a while, I am a chocoholic, but needs must, I can't eat chocolate and lose weight, so the chocolate had to go.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...