Thursday 28 April 2016

Work review, update.

I have a pay cut, only £120 a year, I can cope with that. Other people have been harder hit.
Most of us do holiday work, 5 to 10 days a year, that has all gone now.
I gave mine up a while ago, I only do 2 days a year, the last 2 days before we start in September. and I'm allowed to keep them as it will cause too many problems to the teaching staff if I'm not there on those 2 days.
I have lost 2 inset days, that's where I lose the money, hey ho, some colleagues have lost between £1000 & £3000, now that would be a real blow.
Some people were in tears, worried about their future, especially those who are the sole breadwinner in the family. 
Of course teaching staff are unaffected by these cuts, and money is wasted in other directions as usual.

2 comments:

kelley said...

sorry about your having to lose any money...it's especially hard when you can point out so much waste...the hospital where I work has pared things to the bone...hoping our hours won't be next...

Lyssa Medana said...

hugs. Good admin would make such a difference, but they would have to give you support as well as money. They are lucky to have you. LM x

Beano goes to the vet.

My neighbour Harry very kindly gave Beano and I a lift to the vets  this morning. Beano's dew claws were very overgrown. Time was I'...