I have a pay cut, only £120 a year, I can cope with that. Other people have been harder hit.
Most of us do holiday work, 5 to 10 days a year, that has all gone now.
I gave mine up a while ago, I only do 2 days a year, the last 2 days before we start in September. and I'm allowed to keep them as it will cause too many problems to the teaching staff if I'm not there on those 2 days.
I have lost 2 inset days, that's where I lose the money, hey ho, some colleagues have lost between £1000 & £3000, now that would be a real blow.
Some people were in tears, worried about their future, especially those who are the sole breadwinner in the family.
Of course teaching staff are unaffected by these cuts, and money is wasted in other directions as usual.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spending spree
There was a car boot sale in the pub car park this morning and I went along. I bought a cardigan from M&S, it feels really warm and as I...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
2 comments:
sorry about your having to lose any money...it's especially hard when you can point out so much waste...the hospital where I work has pared things to the bone...hoping our hours won't be next...
hugs. Good admin would make such a difference, but they would have to give you support as well as money. They are lucky to have you. LM x
Post a Comment