I'd like one to bang my head against.
My tenant has just phoned at 6:15 on Sunday evening.
There is a leak in the kitchen and there has been for 3 days!
Three bloody days of water pissing into the kitchen units!
It seems she's been too busy to phone!
I've left a message for my plumber but obviously he won't see the message until tomorrow morning.
I've double checked the lease it requires any damage to be reported as soon as possible and definitely within 24 hours of discovery.
I'm composing a letter to the tenant explaining that she is now liable to pay for all and any damage that has been caused by her not reporting the leak within the appropriate time.
Aaarrgh!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
9 comments:
I'm crossing my fingers as I write this. Our tenants 4.5 years have always texted the moment there is a problem. We have always been able to gain access promptly to sort things too.
I agree with you AAARRGH! How irresponsible not to contact you at the earliest opportunity
Silly woman x
Seems to be the worst tenant ever. Can you not get rid?
I would suggest termination of tenancy at the earliest appropriate/legal opportunity - they sound like a damned nightmare!
I'm hoping she's on a 6 month AST - get rid of her at the end of that 6 months and maybe consider a managed letting through a lettings agency Less rent money received overall, but none of this daftness to deal with - and they are experienced at dealing with daftness and legal issues. (We've just changed to a managed letting after a daft tenant (previous one there for over 10 years with not too much hassle))
She really is taking the mick isn't she? Wouldn't it be lovely if she decides she hates the house and buggers off elsewhere!
I would get rid of her. Will she pay for the damage or just take it out of her rent owed? She sounds like a kid who has never shown any responsibility. Cheryl
Post a Comment