Tuesday 27 March 2018

Reached our destination and turned around.

Yesterday we moored just after Copse lock, not a very good mooring place, we were in the shadow of a tree covered hill.
We had a couple of sunny spells, our first on this trip, its been damp, overcast and chilly most days.
Our solar had some charge during the day but once under the trees there was very little.
There was no tv reception, no mifi connection and my kindle was flat so it was a long, boring evening.
It rained most of the evening and overnight and was still raining at 10am.
There was a break in the weather forecast for 11am so we set off. There was no break in the weather, 2 miles, 2 locks in cold rain.
We eventually made it to Kintbury, we traveled on to the winding hole turned around and found somewhere to moor. We walked around the village and then back to the boat. I vacuumed and mopped the floors as they were very muddy.
We are on a 48 hour mooring and I'd like to stay and rest my ankle but CHS wants to set off straight after breakfast tomorrow to make sure we get back to the car in time for him to go to work on Tuesday.
I can't see any need to rush, it's taken 4 days to get here and we have 7 days to get back.
If it rains heavily he may de die to stay on for 48 hours.

10 comments:

justjill said...

What no Scrabble? You could have thrown the tiles at him. The weather is horrid. Hope you get to rest.

markdebby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yellowtulip118@gmail.com said...

I have to take good books, puzzles, my soduko machine, plus crochet when we go and stay at our favourite spot in Isle of Purbeck which has iffy internet and poor tv reception. Once, we went out and bought a box of poker chips while on holiday there .... great fun, but I still owe my husband about fifty grand!

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

It's been a really horrible cold dank day and it's looking that way for Easter. Bottom definitely comes easier these days as we are so used to doing lots of things at once.

Hard up Hester said...

It's quite difficult to find anything to do for hours at a time, week after week.
There is only so much cleaning I can do in a 50ft by 7ft boat.
Ditto sex, we travel for 6 hours and moor for 18, the most I sleep is 5 or 6 hours, that leaves a lot of hours to fill.
Especially with no phone, wifi, tv or kindle.

Winters End Rambler said...

Eye spy? x

markdebby said...

How about radio.

Hard up Hester said...

Radio doesn't work, probably because of all the metal.

I can't play any 2, person games as CHS won't play, he just wants to sit and grump, he hates wet weather.

markdebby said...

On our boat we have a tv with built in DVD so we watched films etc when no tv reception

Hard up Hester said...

We should probably have bought one of those.

Not a good day!

I had to admit to Steve that I'm struggling with my eyesight and my hearing. He is extremely annoyed though I'm not sure what he exp...