Thursday 22 March 2018

Oooh you are awful, but I like you.

Shopping today in Sainsbury's I went to pick up a couple of bananas. There were two gentlemen sorting through the bananas complaining that they were all very small.
Fearing I would be there for some time I interrupted their conversation by saying. 'You do know size isn't everything gentleman'.
They both laughed and one of them said, with a very wicked twinkle in his eyes 'Can you vouch for for that?'.
I replied 'Darling I've had more cock than you've had hot dinners'
I walked away with my bananas and they were still laughing.

6 comments:

yellowtulip118@gmail.com said...

You must have made their day! I always loved the Dick Emery character, with the big blonde wig and Dame Edna glasses, who'd trip and end up walking like a hod carrier.

galant said...

I think that character was called 'Mandy'. I loved 'Lampwick' climbing all the stairs and then having to go back for something else (as a butler in a grand house.) Or perhaps Mandy was Kenny Everett's blonde who used to cross 'her' legs and say about something louche, "but it was done in the best possible taste!" We don't have this kind of comedy now, political correctness has killed it stone dead. What a shame.
Margaret P

pollyanna said...

Hester you should have an advance warning for this and your previous post .
I've just had a quick catch up and am unable to even begin to explain to my daughter why I'm in hysterics with tears running down my face .

You are awful but I like you .
polly x

Lyssa Medana said...

You probably made their day! Thanks for your review for Tom. He was absolutely thrilled with it, it really made his week, or possibly month. LM x

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

I too loved Dick Emery and his many faces. I often use the the term ohh you are awful! Ect. Great little Twitter to myself.

Anonymous said...

Galant the Kenny Everett character you are thinking of is Cupid Stunt ;)

Hester this made me chuckle :)

Not a good day!

I had to admit to Steve that I'm struggling with my eyesight and my hearing. He is extremely annoyed though I'm not sure what he exp...