Friday 11 January 2019

A lethal combination

A couple of days ago CHS had a hospital appointment, I sat in the cafe to wait for him. I ordered coffee, they had no decaf but as it was mid morning I decided to risk it.

When we left we passed a local bakery, CHS loves their doughnuts so we bought one each, it's weeks since we last had one.

We then visited a friend of CHS who has recently had heart surgery, his wife kindly made us coffee, it was not decaf.

It was only after I'd eaten my doughnut that I remembered that last time it had sat leaden in my stomach for hours.

I was still awake at 3am suffering from indigestion and caffeine jitters.

Coffee and doughnuts are a lethal combination for me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coffee and anything with a lot of sugar is hard on the body and mind. Ana USA

Anonymous said...

Sometime a single cup can have me needing to be scraped off the ceiling...other times it has no effect!

Caffeine jitters are the pits :(

Hard up Hester said...

I'm ok with decaf, it's he caffeine that gets me.

Nomenomen said...

Hi! A bit late to advise, but we take a piece of raw gingerroot when we have indegestion. It works a treat and is far better than rennies etc. Hope you feel better now. M

The Weaver of Grass said...

As my dear old Mum used to say - sometimes our eyes are bigger than our tongues.

Hard up Hester said...

Mine often are Weaver.

I'll try ginger next time Nom

Col said...

You're not applying to be a 'cop' in USA anytime soon then hey? All that coffee and doughnuts!

Hard up Hester said...

Good point Col

It's been rough.

We've had a few difficult days. The weather has been nice and sunny though not particularly warm. I'm not sure what triggered Steve ...