Monday 21 January 2019

Who cares part two.

I have finally received a definite answer about support for carers.
The patient has to fit in to at least one of seven categories, CHS doesn't fit the categories therefore there is no help and no support.
At least I know now.

Pat I do treasure what I have, that doesn't mean I don't get worn out and fed up some days.

I think it would have been better if all the professionals hadn't kept telling me that there was help and support out there for me. If they had just said at the beginning. This is it, it all falls to you from now on so get used to it, at least I would have known where I stood.

Deborah, it's not just that I think £7.50 is expensive, it is beyond my budget. 

2 comments:

justjill said...

I have no idea how old you are or the CHS. So sad you cant get support. Scotland must be different. In our docs surgery there are notices about carers support. Plus once you get to 60 theres Social Services who will devise a care plan. And you can get attendance allowance none of this is means tested. The CAB advise on whats available and will help you apply. There must be something....x

kate steeper said...

Sadly youve reached the reality check for those who care , everybody telling you how theyve seen the notices in the drs about how much help there is only to find out theres not that much help at all and what there is , is very patchy here and there . I do get carers now , mainly because of his toilet problems and the confusion he suffers when hes taking the heavier medication, on a good day hes with me, and i get flashes of his former self thats what keeps me going. Physically it varies hugely , from hobbling to unable to leave his bed . To tremors so that he struggles to lift a cup , drops everything and can just wiggle his fingers on his adapted laptop. im lucky in one respect in that im not a social person , i dont want to belong to groups , I find the internet enough theres always a bunch to gripe with if i need it , but caring is so damned isolating it can just eat your soul .

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...