Thursday 22 November 2018

KISS

As in keep it simple stupid.

If there is one thing CHS loves it's a good panic.

One day last week he turned the light on in the living room and nothing happened.
I went to walk past him to the electric control panel by the door in to the boat.
The panel has two rows of switches that need to be in the on position for things to work.
He insisted I sat in a chair until he had isolated the fault.
He rushed up and down the boat, flicking switches, peering at dials and checking the solar info. Eventually he decided the only thing to do was to crowbar the ceiling down.
Whilst he was hunting for the crowbar I went to the control panel and flicked the switches into the on position. The light came on.
Unfortunately because of the position of the control panel anyone coming down the steps into the boat wearing a big coat or with a fat arse is likely to knock the switches inadvertently and that is what had happened.

This morning the water was spluttering as it came out the taps and the water pump kept trying to run.
I tried to explain that as I've been unwell for a couple of weeks now the toilet was being flushed a lot more, I was washing my hands more and I'd done some extra loads of washing.
Brushing my explanation aside and after lifting various hatches, he phoned the local boating engineer who suggested filling the water tank would be the first thing to try.
We did, problem solved.
Because he is usually at work these are the sort of things I deal with regularly, he has been unaware of these minor problems and assumes everything is a crisis.

9 comments:

Margie from Toronto said...

OMG! How are you going to make it through these next few weeks while he recovers? It's a good thing you can stay so calm. Hang in there.

justjill said...

Sorry - but that made me laugh!! I am guilty of exactly the same as he panic is my middle name too.x

Carol Caldwell said...

It is a good job you are calm. The ying to his yang as it were. I couldn't help but smile too.

Beacee said...

Wishing you patience by the bucket load!
Love, prayers and hugs x

The Weaver of Grass said...

Dare I say 'that's men for you?'

Lyssa Medana said...

Sending good vibes. I am familiar with that moment when someone is flying off to do something when if they would just let me get a word in edgeways it would save a lot of bother.

Cherie said...

I have one of those... If they would only listen... :-) Our most recent drama was a fencing measurement dilemma..... of course I was right and himself very sheepish afterwards

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

CHS sounds just like my hubby to, although he doesn't panic he does assume the job to be far more complex then it need be or is. At least it sounds like

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

He's getting back to normal. X

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.