Friday 16 August 2024

A day of peace

Steve went out as soon as Tesco had delivered, he's gone into town to meet up with Bob. Bob is trying to sell his camper van but he's asking way too much for it and is getting annoyed that it's not selling. Steve will sympathise with him, he also thinks the things he owns are worth more than they actually are.

I've had a peaceful day so far with no shouting or whinging. I shall go over to the summer house later for a natter with my neighbours.

It's sunny here but not too hot, the weather is supposed to get hotter in the next few days. Whenever we have a cooler day Beano gets an extra long walk. He's had two so far today and I'll take him out again between 3 & 4 o'clock and again around 7 ish.

I need to wash my mug and clear the kitchen and that will be all the housework I do today.



6 comments:

jabblog said...

Sweet Beano - he keeps you sane. I've seen my middle daughter go through similar with a coercive, controlling man. I wish you strength and peace.

Sooze said...

How nice for you to have a peaceful day. We live for these times, don't we?

flis said...

I hope you have many more days like today - The other day my beloved went out to buy something urgently - I was So relieved - soon after he phoned to " let"(me ) "know so " ( I ) "wouldn't be worried about " (him ) He'd "got a flat tyre in" my "car and didn't want" me "to be worried about" him - He was gone hours awaiting recovery - bliss x

Chris said...

That's about the right amount of housework for one day! Last night's dishes are still in the sink so you are way ahead of me!

Ellen D. said...

I hope you have more nice days like today!

Sue said...

Your housework list for today sounds just perfect. 😀

A bump in the road.

As the title says, I have hit a bump in the road, not a physical one, but a bump never the less. Therefore I will not be posting for a while.