Thursday 29 August 2024

A day out.

Yesterday we went to visit friends of ours, they live in their narrow boat and were moored nearby.

We have not seen them for a few years as they have been travelling both by boat and in their campervan.

It was lovely to see them and we had a BBQ on the canal bank.

Beano has a lovely time playing with their dog Daisy and a long run in the fields nearby.

Steve has arranged to go on a short boat trip with them in a couple of weeks. He is desperate to steer the boat. I shall probably stay home as their deck has only room for three people. Beano and I would have to stay inside for the trip.

I will check how far they are travelling, if it's five miles or less I will go and Beano and I will walk the towpath.

4 comments:

lindsey said...

It’s always good to have something to look forward to. I hope that you are lucky with the weather so that you can enjoy the walk x

Anonymous said...

And how did Steve behave towards you in front of these mutual friends?

flis said...

That so like a great plan - a peaceful walk on your terms x

50 and counting said...

My first thought was freedom for you and Beano. Then how will Steve behave towards your friends?

A bump in the road.

As the title says, I have hit a bump in the road, not a physical one, but a bump never the less. Therefore I will not be posting for a while.