Saturday 17 August 2024

Old friends.

We had a message today from some boater friends, we are hoping to get together in a few weeks time.

The wife has a soft spot for Steve so that should put him in a good mood.

They are going to do lunch for us on their boat which will be nice, we can take Beano as they have a dog too.

It will be nice to catch up with all their news as they have a new grandchild since we last saw them.

No doubt Steve will tell them in great detail how unhappy he is and how unkind I am, refusing to move into a rented flat.

They may agree with him that it's better to rent than buy, in which case he'll be very happy.I

I've told him repeatedly that he is welcome to rent somewhere to live but although he dislikes me he wants me to move too.

6 comments:

PatsyAnne said...

Of course he wants you to move with him, if he had to move into a rental apt, he'd have to pay all his expenses himself. Is there some sort of medication that he can take to soften his anger swings, since he doesn't seem to be able to handle them on his own, or even realize how bad they are against you? I do worry so much about you and Beano.

Ana Dunk said...

I am concerned he may become so overwrought he becomes violent and injures
you or Beano.

Nelliegrace said...

Your money is secure in the property, I hope. Secure all of your money that you can. Free it up to rent and he will spend it, every penny.

Anonymous said...

Hi - I really am concerned about your husband’s behaviour but I have no experience of this behaviour - is there any possible help available thro Social Services for someone in this situation such as Abused Family . Like other comments I fear his behaviour will worsen! Kindest regards!

Anonymous said...

My daughter was going through an absolute nightmare life with her now ex husband. She sought and found help via her local Womans Refuge Support Group. Found via Google search in herr local area. Honestly they were a fantastic help and steered her in the right direction. Please consider giving them a try. I know l am not alone in thinking that you do need help with this manipulating bully. I have read back some of your posts from previous years. This level of abuse and nastiness has gone on to long! Time to call a halt to all this. Sandra x

Corinne said...

It might be interesting to see if your friends notice any change since the last time they saw you both, too. Hopefully you'll be able to put your side of events to them, so they can see how difficult things are. They might have some suggestions he would listen to.

A bump in the road.

As the title says, I have hit a bump in the road, not a physical one, but a bump never the less. Therefore I will not be posting for a while.