Sunday 11 August 2024

Summery day

I took Beano out for a long walk early this morning, when it was still cool. Then at lunchtime I just took him on to the grass in the shade of the trees.

It's not really that hot, it's not quite up to 30 degrees but Beano doesn't cope well in the heat. I'm ok with it, I spent a lot of time walking the towpaths from lock to lock.

I got to know which paths were shady and if it was too hot with limited shade, Beano would travel on the boat while I walked. He was very nimble when it came to getting across the lock gate. I on the other hand, kept a firm grip on the bars at the top of the gates.

I'm not going to the summer house this afternoon as Beano won't be comfortable in the heat. I shall watch another episode of Whitstable Pearl.



2 comments:

flis said...

We kept under trees but my little hairy one was panting - He is unfit though as since he had a cruciate ligament injury leaping over a fallen huge oak tree earlier in the year he is used to me pushing him in his pushchair - and then telling me when he wants to get out or back in - He wears a damp snood - On returning I've cut his fast-growing hair again - We're keeping out of the heat with the fan blowing x

Anonymous said...

has beano got a cool mat ? we got a lovely machine washable one for our dog & it hasn't got any gel inside to worry about or anything, it's just material .I was highly sceptical at first but it's really ice cold to the touch and as it's material it's just another mat to lie on, my dog loves his. They make them for humans too, it's a coolsoft sleep brand from Ivy & Duke

A bump in the road.

As the title says, I have hit a bump in the road, not a physical one, but a bump never the less. Therefore I will not be posting for a while.