Sunday 1 April 2018

It didn't rain until 8pm

We had a dry day today and we've made it to Woolhampton.
We met a lovely family from London who were very interested in our lifestyle.
We've travelled about 6 miles through Greenham lock, Hams lock, Bulls swing bridge, Bulls lock, Widmead lock at this lock, the lock landing (the place where the boat stops and I disembark) was flooded so I stepped off the boat into 6 inches of freezing water!
Next came Long Cut swing bridge, Monkey Marsh lock, one of only two turf sided locks on the K&A, were we locked another boat through before it was our turn. We stopped just after this lock in Thatcham for a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea.
Then we moved on again through Colthrop lock and Midgham lock. Onwards to Cranwells swing bridge then Old Heale's lock where we locked a widebeam through first before  continuing on to Oxlease swing bridge, I didn't have to open this bridge as someone did it for us.
We finally reached Woolhampton, we had a bit of a struggle to moor as there was no room on the official moorings and the canal side is shallow and our boat has a deeper draught than some.


6 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like hard work. You have a very active lifestyle!

lynda said...

I love hearing about your adventures and where you are! Thanks!

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

I love the names, I wonder where they derived from as some are quite humourous! It sounds like a work out Hester.

The Weaver of Grass said...

All sounds a jolly jaunt - you ought to be writing a book about it as you trundle along.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Mooring out from the bank a bit means walking the plank I guess!

Hard up Hester said...

It would be easier if we used the gangplank Sue but CHS is worried it will get stolen so just have to jump for it.

Weather

I've always been of the opinion that there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. I have to say I'm currently revi...