Tuesday 24 April 2018

Rude awakening

It's chilly here and raining, I didn't go for a walk today. I looked after dgd3 this morning and once I'd taken her home and dropped CHS at work I returned to the boat and turned the mattress over.
That, I decided was enough exercise for one day, making the bed is hard enough in a confined space. Turning the mattress in the space is torturous, I had to have a rest after struggling with the mattress before I remade the bed.
After lunch I lit the stove and settled down in my chair for a snooze. CHS isn't finishing work until 9 or 10, it takes about an hour to get home and unwind and I'm up in the morning by 6, I don't have to get up that early I just can't sleep any longer.
Anyway I digress, so there I was snoozing gently when I was awoken by an almighty clatter. A boat had gone past and into the lock, when the lock emptied my boat lurched to starboard and one of my kitchen drawers, the one CHS has filled with assorted metal work, bolt, handles, tools etc flew open. I shot up out of my chair all ready to repel borders. What a rude awakening that was.

5 comments:

justjill said...

Ye Gods. I always thought there was a speed limit on the canal.

Chris said...

We all have a drawer like that but at least we don't live in a boat so it stays quietly in place.

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

Don't you just hate being woken like that, it puts me in a bad place for the rest of the day. 😱

Rambler said...

Can I recommend child locks on your drawers> (Maybe I should re-phrase that, but I think you know what I mean!) They will stop them flying open and be safer when the grandchildren are around.

Harry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...